As I take you on an amazing journey in my food and travel blog,as I stimulate your mind and give you colourful visuals,I would love to share with you my favourite quotes and proverbs from around the world,you just might find one of the quotes from your country or continent. I would gladly appreciate if you tell me what you think about any of them or if you tell me your favourite among the list I compiled.
- There is no love sincerer than the love of food.
George Barnard shaw.Irish playwright.1856-1950
- Your food is suppose to be your medicine
and your medicine is suppose to be your food- African proverb
- L’appetit vient en mangeant (The appetite comes with eating)
François Rabelais.French phyisician and writer. 1494-1553.
- If you give bad food to your stomach,
It drums for you to drance- African Proverb
- Thou preparest a table before me in presence of my enemies;
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Bible. Psalm 23:6
- Words are sweet,but they never take the place of food
- I love chocolate cake.
And when I was a little boy,I loved it more.
Michael Wayne Rosen. English writer and poet-1946
- Wine, women, and food gives gladness to the heart.
Ancient Egyptian proverb
- To lengthen thy life,lessen thy meals.
Benjamin Franklin.American scientist and philosopher-1706-1790
- The grasshopper which is always near it’s mother,
Eats the best food- Ghanaian proverb
- Strange to see how good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody.
Samuel Pepys.English diarist.1633-1703.
- You should know what’s been cooked in the kitchen otherwise you might eat a forbidden food- African proverb.
- Yogurt is very good for the stomach,the lumbar regions,apotheosis- unknown.
- Qu’ ils mangent de la brioche (Let them eat cake)
Marie Antoinette. Queen of France. 1755-1793
- Edible: good to eat,and wholesome to digest,
as a worm to a toad, a toad to a snake,
a snake to a pig, a pig to a man,
and a man to a worm.
Ambrose (Gwinett)Bierce. American writer. 1842-1914